Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: BSG & Valley Rescue

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    BSG & Valley Rescue

    Who serves what areas. Boundary wise.

    Seems some get confused on who to call for what services. Esp. ambulance or rescue service.

    Which dept. serves what area or do you all back each other up or what.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member retiredteach's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    853
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG & Valley Rescue

    That is being looked at right now by several agencies.
    You can never rise above the image that you have of yourself in your own mind."

  3. #3
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG & Valley Rescue

    I don't know how they do it, but we always had a little confusion in some areas with Duffield/Gate City. We usually both responded until we received definite word by radio. As it turned out many times, it was a good thing we both responded. I would hope that would be the case with BSG/Valley. I know BSG has responded down our way many times, and we sure were glad to see them when they did. Sometimes you can't have enough help at an accident scene.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: BSG & Valley Rescue

    Thanks men. I never really knew.
    Someone ask me the other day and i had never really thought about it.
    I forgot the Valley even had resuce services. And nothing against either.
    I just didn't know that the Valley had theirs up and going. Good deal. Even if they do back each other up.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG & Valley Rescue

    Want my honest opinoin?

    The Valley Fire Department needs a serious overhaul.

    I dont want to offend anyone, but in a life and death situation, I am not sure I trust the Valley.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_ut1's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    1,654
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG & Valley Rescue

    Then get your butt in there and help them out!!! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    Seriously, I get touchy anytime someone says that about a department. I've spent many a night in below freezing temperatures (too many times on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day) fighting the dragon while tons of folks were snug in their beds or living rooms. Every time I heard a negative comment (and I got plenty while serving as Fire Chief for 8 years) my response was always the same. "Join up! We need workers, not complainers".
    Be part of the solution, not part of the problem.
    "Yes, there are two paths you can go by
    But in the long run
    There's still time to change the road you're on."

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG & Valley Rescue

    Im not qualified to fight fires/save lives.

    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: BSG & Valley Rescue

    I did the rescue routine for 5, and you're right, it's a thankless job.

    Many a time roll out of the bed 3 in the morning because someone had a 'gas-bomb sideways' and thought they needed to go to the ER. Many a day with the roads nearly impassable going up some of the ridges to get someone who wasn't really sick but lonely and convinced themself they was sick. The real emergency calls and the times when you make a difference are the few things that kept you going because the thanks and gratitude was limited. It is extremely tough anymore to get people to work, so imagine how difficult it is to get people to volunteer.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •